Wednesday, March 26, 2008

When All Else Fails Read the Directions

I am trying to decide if I need to return to Barnes and Noble and snag the Blogging for Dummies book. I looked at it on Monday, even going so far as to walk to the counter with the dummy book clutched in my dummy mitt. I had caught out of the corner of my eye that the dummy books were on sale, a whopping 30% off. Ever the bargain hunter that I am, 30% of $21.99, well that was pleasing to me.

Only select titles. I guess for the super elite dummies who are so far behind, who don't get it - they could snag a dummy book at 30% off. After thinking about the sale set up I was happy that I wasn't looking at the real dumb dumb lot. I didn't check the titles but I wonder if they were books like: Disco for Dummies.

Well anyway, I like to pride myself, especially around Ron, ("honey let's get the
book out") but in reality, reading directions is a killer. I want to skim, and directions are not skimming stuff. After all, if you are to the direction stage you need more than a fleeting piece of this or a fleeting piece of that. You're to the reading aloud stage, reading aloud slowly.

The dummy book I had my cheap heart set on would probably have avoided all the struggles I am experiencing now, but then I wouldn't be doing what I do best: living life the hard way, or more specifically, blogging the hard way.

No comments: