Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 ~ Let 'er Rip



I guess my year in review gave us much to be pleased with, even downright THANKFUL!! Nothing captures the essence better than a top 10 list.

1. Two new healthy, happy grandchildren: Beau Davis (Nicole and Robert) on January 28th and Mercedes Ann (Billy & Dani), April 1st.

2. A new daughter-in-law, Missy, who married Tad on February 25th in St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands. We all went on the cruise to make sure neither backed out.

3. My mother died on the 27th of January, ending her full filled life at 94. She was ready to join my Dad and peacefully rest.

4. My father-in-law Myron Espeseth ended his long life too in June, joining Lillian, his beloved wife of over 50 years. As the book of Ecclesiastes says: there is a time to live and a time to die. It is the goodbyes that makes it difficult.

5. We (my brother Tom and I) finished emptying my parents house. It took a year and a half, not bad for over fifty years of accumulation.

6. The house sold, closed on November 13th, thus ending over ninety years of Snyders living in Fargo. We qualify as an O.F.F. - Old Fargo Family.

7. Ron retired after 30 years on the railroad.

8. Mary Liz retired after 23 years at Souris Valley Care Center.

9. Karlie, Carsten and Lacy each made it to another grade level. And on that note, the Velva Aggies football team took State Class A Championship, 7th time in 10 years.

10.....New grand baby due in March 2010.

The beat goes on, thankfully!!!

2 comments:

Susan said...

You look so lovely - I love the corsage. Obviously retirement agrees with you both.

Happy New Year!

Karlyn Frantsen said...

So do you know this couple? Good list of 2009 happenings!!!! Happy New Year!