Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hello Big Sky Montana!



On MapLoco I spotted a Big Sky Montana entry. The "relations" (I love that down home folksy term for relatives) are out skiing for their annual trek to Big Sky. Myles and I use to go with, it was a wonderful time full of good memories.

It was also a brush with greatness for us. Ted Turner and Jane Fonda were (Ted is minus Jane now ya know!) spotted skiing and eating VERY close to us. Ted's home base ranch, the Flying D, is in the neighborhood. Ted and Jane sitings were quite common in those days. Jane even chatted to Sandra, my sister-in-law, at the salad bar. Now that is a Brush with Greatness.

And nothing takes us down memory lane better than the Kodak!

This where I trot off to get some memorabilia of past trips. Wrong answer. I found ONE! And this was pinned on my sewing room wall. (Most likely I found it and jabbed it up to put away - someday) Now I am thoroughly puzzled as to where the Big Sky photos are. Fifty billion pictures and I can never find the ones I want when I want. Such organization.

This is moi with Carsten,(how's that for a motherly grip??) about 4 months old, standing by Ted and Jane's Land Rover. Upon close inspection you will spot a Georgia License plate.



So much for old time photos. I did find the Big Mountain trips. So should the relations check the blog again. Hi, ski one for me, better yet, hoist one.

You don't suppose it was Ted, checking out the blog?

2 comments:

Karlyn Frantsen said...

Well, I'm not one of your relations, but I enjoyed the picture and your blog entry!! Cool photo of you! Karlyn

Sandy said...

Hi, from the "relations" at Big Sky. Skiing is great,not any new snow but good weather,over 40 degrees yesterday.

Kim and Kerry say 'Just a flurr Mare'

We will ski and hoist for you today. Sandy