Thursday, April 5, 2012

Am I Alone?


~ Lainey's Space Noodle ~

Yesterday we (we, code for I, no help from the Ronson) booked our trip to Seattle to see Deanna, Nicole and family.  We made an attempt at Thanksgiving but we were thwarted by a freight train derailment.  This trip we will be flying the friendly skies.

Am I alone in the mental contortions I go through to book a flight or plan any trip?  I have to check for the best possible price and time.  And what about people scheduling?  This time around I almost booked half of the trip during Lacy's confirmation camp.  After I wised up, then I started to worry  about what else have I overlooked?

So I'm almost finished and my daughter-in-law, Nicki, calls and said she had better deals out of Bismarck.  Oh S*#t... I forgot about Bismarck!  Back to the search on my carefully created path with all the trip bookers, you know: Kayak, Priceline, Orbitz and on and on.

Biz did give fifty dollars cheaper flights, with another airlines,  but the only way back was landing  at 12:20 in the morning.  Who wants to drive 100 miles in the middle of the night or stay in a motel - there goes the $50.00 times three.  I have driven home from Bismarck, in the middle the night, with Ron at the wheel, and a ground blizzard came up.  Of the three: middle of the night driving; RON; ground blizzard.  Can you guess which one is the deciding factor of why I won't do that again?

Anyway, it took me over an hour to put everything together and be comfortable with it.   I am excited as we will be going to Beau's preschool graduation, and the following day, Lainey's last preschool graduation;  next year she will be in kindergarten.   We are long distant grandparents and will miss lots of programs over the coming years, so this has me feeling I have accomplished a successful booking.


1 comment:

Nicole Reid said...

Lainey and Beau second that! They asked if you were coming today. I think I'll wait til the day is closer to start talking about it again. :)