Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fool's Day

A minor holiday. Maybe April Fool's qualifies for a hated holiday. I have some other holidays that I can't muster any favor, but that is for another time.


When I first heard of April Fool's day I was probably about six, that would put me in the first grade, a time when so many unknowns where shot at me. Immediate pressure started to to build.


Do I have to come up with a unique trick, that has never been done before to qualify?


Do I have to do foolery all day long?


Did each prank have to be different or could I just do the same one all day long?


What about the tricks that were played on me?
Could I get hurt?


Should I just opt out of the day and stay home ( a massive undertaking for a first grader)?


The only shenanigan- not even plural- I ever pulled, that I can remember: putting a toothpick in the toothpaste on the end where the gunk comes out. 


Who got slammed with the trick I don't remember. I did an April's Fool joke, and as far as I was concerned, it was over and done with; finished!



No comments: