Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Red Laser

I just love technology.  And the more I use it, the more I love it.  Today I am embracing the iPhone.  Not the new iPhone 5 that all the world is raving about (they should be raving about the Apple stock price which went over $700.00 yesterday).  No, I'm raving about my two month old 4G and what it can do.



To set the stage of my excitement, yesterday I received my new rewards card, why I don't know.  It is the same as my old one and it certainly wasn't because I was wearing out the previous one.  I'm not really a CVS fan.  So  anyway the vendor gives me two options: put the card on a ring for easy use at the till OR scan it to my smart phone.

The last time I had a few rewards cards on a ring, the ring fell off with the cards, along with a cute Seattle Space Needle key chain; all lost forever.  So much for that plan.  It was time to move-on-up to the world of scanning.

I'm not exactly "new new" to the scanning arena as on my old Android phone, which I later liked about as much as CVS (more on that later),  I had an app with a scanner but it really wasn't much of a mover or shaker, needless to say  I seldom used it.  After the Droid was dropped and certain areas on the screen didn't work well, I didn't use it at all.

Fast forward to the land of iPhones and my new rewards card.  After reading the card "how to."  I knew I needed  a scanner on my phone in order to optain the bar code.   I click to the App Store  and the first one on the search was Red Laser - FREE!!! It had almost five stars behind it so I looked no further.  Download....

 This cool app will let me put all my rewards cards on my iphone.  How amazing is that?  And better yet, I get 30% off my entire bill the first time I use it.  Yes, I know I will have to go into CVS, but I can then figure out the next step: how to use the reward card in the store!!

Addendum: Why I don't like CVS.  I have gone in the store for a purchase of a sale item and guess what?  They are out of the product.    I once went in looking for Selma Hayek cosmetics  that were on sale.  The sale paper came out on Sunday, the very day I was in store, and the Hayek shelf was bare.  Just a little too suspect for me.  I don't want to be duped into a special stop so I have crossed them off the list...until I got my 30% reward offer.

Technology  saw me coming!



2 comments:

Nicole Reid said...

I gotta get that app now!

Karlyn Frantsen said...

Way to go!! I have to use the plastic key chain card :(