Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Glasses?

I am on Grandma duty with my little Mercedes for two night and three days (really only half days times two and one full day sandwiches between the sleeps).  The house caves, cooking escalates - only to satisfy a three year old, sorry Ron  and I get behind on my routine.  Now as the little princess sleeps I am catching up on what I missed on CBS This Morning.

None other than Penny Marshall, the lovable Laverne.

She has written a book about her life, though it isn't over as yet.  "My Mother Was Nuts," by Penny Marshall.  Yea, weren't they all at one time or another?  Or from the  viewpoint of my children, "Yes, there were and still are."

So the venerable TV queen turned director was on this morning to promote her tome.    But what is with the glasses?

I could only think it was  a clever way to disguise those wrinkly hunks of under the eye skin we have,  some more than others I may add (ME!).   It came across as so 70ish, something Janis Joplin would have done, and come to think of it, I think she did.

I love  the way Penny  has fluffed out.  My fluff is a direct result of alcohol infestation.  I am going to guess hers is too.  After all her mother was nuts, she has a book to prove it.   Now what is my excuse?

4 comments:

Nicole Reid said...

Three days in a row blogging? Don't hurt yourself ML!

Mary Liz said...

Wonders never cease!! Thanks for reading.

Karlyn Frantsen said...

Way to go Mary Liz!!! Looking forward to an every day read!!

Anonymous said...

The glasses on the end of the nose - bugs me no end. I feel like reaching out to give them a poke. But overall, I like Penny.