Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Eureka

I think I am getting the hang of this blog thing. My goal is to write everyday and be of interest to someone. That may be hard to do; my dad is no longer living and my mom doesn't remember what a computer is, and may think a blog is something found in a bathtub drain. Although if we get our wireless connection completed at the nursing home I can bring the laptop and show her. She and Dad were my only fans.

My next big hurdle is the invite. I may start with my friends who secretly think I'm odd, but are a wee bit curious to read this. I have friends from high school who I have kept up with enough to email asking them to check out the blog, reinforcing what they have always thought about me. Odd comes into the story once again.

I have an old high school friend, who last I heard, was a stringer for the LA Times. She will make me nervous. One must take chances and this will be it. Go easy on me Nancy.

1 comment:

Susan said...

As one of the aforementioned "friends" (long before high school I might add) who has kept in touch with Mary Liz for over 45 years, I received an email to "check out" her blog. I have to admit - I am impressed with her guts! Leave it to Mary Liz to be enterprising enough to think the cyberworld is either interested in or ready for her "opinions" on anything and everything. Having been on the receiving end of oh-so-many of her opinions (and, might I add, observations) over the years I can't help but reflect on how the internet could make her a world-wide phenomenon. I have always been a fan, too. She is clever, funny - I think her blog will be worth watching. Let me be the first to post her both congratulations and good luck. Fasten your seatbelts, cyberworld!