Thursday, December 11, 2008

The End of an Era


On Monday night I said farewell to the last of the Elementary Christmas programs. Lacy and her friend Shaylyn (BFF - Best Friends Forever for all the uninformed) are seen sashaying out of the gymnasium after the the Velva Elementary Program. Not much of a big deal you say... Well, I have been a mom in attendance for thirty years - say it with me, "30 years." Next year she will be in the 6th grade band and chorus, they perform at the High School Program.

Tad's first Christmas program was in 1978. He was ORKNO, some Star Warsy creature in the Christmas play, a big role for a first grader. By the way, 1978 was the first go round of Star Wars.

So as I said before, an end of an era.

On Wednesday I will go to Collin's Sunday School program and start the beginning of the Grandma programs. We may have our first hitch - Collin announced, at the ripe old age of 4, he didn't want to be in the Christmas program anymore. Hmmmm.

1 comment:

Karlyn Frantsen said...

Thirty years!!!! That's a bunch of programs! I'm impressed you remembered Tad's first one, but then again, I shouldn't be suprised! Enjoy the new chapter in your life! Karlyn