Saturday, December 20, 2008

Tech Christmas


This is a techie Christmas from the Davis'. I sent out Christmas cards this year with the blog address imprinted on the inside page. Now that you have arrived here at this site you are wondering, so what...

Let's back up a bit. My step-daughter Nicole started me on the blog road. She has a great site with our granddaughter Lainey as the featured item. Soon I had to try my hand at blogging. There was no stopping me.

There are zillions of blogs out there in cyberspace so I don't claim to have hit on the uniqueness of it, but I sure like how it keeps us updated in this busy world. I have the ones I look at daily in my favorites and if they are not updated I've only lost a few seconds of time, but when the blogs are splashing something new, I am delighted. Every now and then I will offer a comment which, after you have a google account, it is pretty simple.

If this is your first visit to a blog I hope you like the concept. It is an outlet for all of us frustrated and eager communicator/writers. My late Dad would be so eager to get on this fasting moving ship. He loved computers and each and every new thing that came along he had to be a part of. I think of him so often while I'm blogging.

A few little directional tips if you're a new blog visitor. When you get to the end of the page - which is way on down the line - and still are interested, it will say "older posts" and is underlined. You can click on that and it will take you back to more, and more, and more!! Now back to the opening page, I have some favorite sites listed on the right. Click on them to sail further out into the blogashpere. If you see a little TV set looking thing, similar to the YouTube look, click on the arrow and you will be able to view us in YouTube style. My old friend Susan gave me a flip video to take my blogging, as she stated, to "another level." We should all have a Susan in our lives. I love and appreciate all of her!!

How great it would be to add some new blogs to my list, from friends who are already blogging or those wanting to start. Give me a day or two to update this, I try to put something new on every few days, but it can be trying at times. So check back later and if you have questions and don't want to do the google thing, our email address is: rlmldavis@msn.com.

Have a wonderful Christmas. Love Mary Liz and Ron

2 comments:

Susan said...

Ahem. I may be old - but not as old as you.....

KaLonny said...

Keep up the great blogging entries!! I sure do enjoy them! Merry Christmas to you!! Karlyn