Saturday, September 19, 2009

Birthday Times Two

Two special guys in my world have birthdays today. Son Carsten is 17 and grandson Collin is 5. My how time flies.

Carsten was born on a beautiful fall Saturday, with the temperatures about 75 degrees. I had worked the day before and remember sitting at the piano while Jim Sewick, our administrator at the time, read devotions to the residents. Our activity room, which is laced on three walls with big windows, looks out over the lush Mouse River Valley. One of the free perks of working at SVCC is gazing out the window at Velva, the grain fields and the ever changing weather. I lamented to myself that autumn day: the leaves must surely be at their peak. Within 48 hours my nine pound redheaded baby boy was born.

Collin on the other hand was a month early and came rather quickly. What I remember is hearing Erik's quivery voice telling me of the possible problems that could be ahead of them with this early birth. Prayers were answered and he arrived shortly after the phone call, in pretty fine shape at that. To see him the next day was one more treasured moment for me.

Carsten absolutely despises having his picture taken. The first one is his response to a photo attempt. Tried and true family members will know what is missing in this shot.





HaHa - gotcha.



Happy day fellas. This blogger loves you to pieces and always will!!

No comments: