Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Tape



In this busy retired life of mine I try to find time each day for a little scurrying around on the web; to see what interesting, odd stuff I can read, think, or best of all, blog about. I have a little notebook of sorts that sits by my chair. I jot down sites I think will be of interest. And anyone who surfs the web knows: one site usually leads to another. The endless tumble in cyberspace.

Today I found something I am still pondering on: Happy Tape for "not-next-to-nothing" you can buy boatloads of printed and colored tape in all sizes, shapes and harmonious combos, henceforth Happy Tape.

Yesterday I was wrapping presents for Lainey's third birthday, (side note: it may well be their first package arriving at the new address in the greater Seattle area, a.k.a. Magnolia)so naturally I was using tape. I have this big honkin' tape dispenser that was my Dad's, probably even dating back to the Snyder Film Days, and yesterday I used quite a bit of tape. This behemoth unit has enough tape to last me for a long long time. Today I haven't used any tape. Prior to the birthday extravaganza I can honestly say I hadn't used tape for about 4 or 5 days, gosh maybe even longer. Why would I feel the need to have a bevy of colored tape at my disposal? Unless I just had too much money to spend and I had exhausted all other avenues to buy crap. Me, with too much money - delightful idea, but highly unlucky.

I might be extremely interested in colored and printed tape if I were a child, given the fact that tape is like an aphrodisiac to anyone under the age of about 8. It is the ultimate, instant fixer and creator for a junior citizen. A child in this age group can never have too much tape. Sadly enough, they usually have none. Unless a takeover has happened in the tape drawer. And due to their inexperienced young age it isn't too long before he or she is busted. Even today, as a mother, in some kid's room, I can find something to scrap tape off with my trusty fake fingernails.

I suppose unique, cozy boutiques would use Happy Tape. Some easy decorative accents for an ordinary box are possible. That was as far as my creativity took me. Then I went back to the Happy Tape blog site and read a little of their ideas. Guess who is on board with ideas?? Points for you in guessing Martha Stuart.



Here is from the Happy Tape blog:






A personal favorite...



Cost: the following roles will cost you $13.75 and $24.00 respectively.




Ahhh, the joy of Happy Tape.

2 comments:

Karlyn Frantsen said...

Cool ideas for Happy Tape- really like the card idea and for scrapbooking--YES!!! (Maybe grandkyds could decorate tape, also, to make it happy!)

KaLonny said...

$24 for a few rolls of tape! I'll take plain jane Scotch clear, thank you very much.