Saturday, July 24, 2010

Continued...

So back to the trip. As planned Lacy and I were to be Nicole's (Ron's oldest daughter)helpers while Robert does a week in Singapore for his company, F5. We arrived Sunday; Robert left Monday (for a 16 hours zing across the Pacific Ocean); Grandpa Ron came Wednesday; Robert returned on Saturday; and we all left Monday the 12th. That's a lot of SeaTac time for one week - picking up and sending off.

Allow me to introduce the Davis Reid family players:


Robert and Beau Davis (17 months)

Lainey Grace (3 years, 4 months)


Grandma and the munchables.


Deanna, Ron's 3rd oldest.


Deanna and Loren

Grandpa and Beau

Grandpa teaching Beau how to drink. Grandpa is elementary, Grandma is higher ed.

Some weirdo at the market. DISCLAIMER: not a relative!

Cooper, Nic and Robert's dog.

Lacy and the munchables.

Ron, Deanna and KC - dog of Loren and Deanna.


Nicole and her Dad.

Day one was Independence Day but by the time the fireworks were out and about I was toast. Oooh, let me clarify: just plain tired. I do have some cute shoots of the kids and a flag.




Then something went wrong and Lainey Bug had to do some jail time in the corner. I can't remember what it was. Just goes to show the truth of the nine day rule: will this matter in nine days? will you remember it in nine days? But I guess when you are three, the rule should be nine minutes. Sadly, I don't have a shot of Beau in the corner. When the time out declaration is announced, Beau dutifully goes to the corner for his sister. What a guy!! I wonder if I had my brother Tom that well trained?

Lacy proved to be a sparkling babysitter/auntie of diamond quality. The kids loved her and she would amused them for hours. The she would retreat to Facebook to keep in touch with the world as she knows it. Nic was so impressed she is considering her as a nanny when they go to Hawaii. I must have sucked.










Grandma would have GIVEN them a bath. Not Lacy, she took a bath WITH them (in her suit!). She daily styled Lainey's hair, watch Mrs. Wiggle a billion times, changed diapers, gave snacks, picked out their clothes everyday and told me, "I can do it Mary Liz, I'm not stupid." I guess the babies of the family feel empowered when they can take over for little people. She was awesome, no other way to say it!

1 comment:

Nicole Reid said...

LOVE this post ML! Especially the part about Grandpa teaching Beau to drink. Too cute!