Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sprung

After years of workshops to make me a better employee, a better person, a better manager, I started to feel as if everything were in a great big closet, ideas that I could try on here and there. Some fit, some didn't and then there were the ideas that I couldn't remember how they went or which was better. The particular concept I am thinking about has to do with big or small.

"Take care of the big stuff and the little stuff will fall into place" or "Take care of the little stuff and the big stuff will fall into place." The latter is rather doubtful in reality. It might not even be a bonafide concept for as little as I remember. Oh well, I tend to go with the first concept, but not here and now.

I am so far behind on this blog and want to share the Seattle experience with you but it seems like such a big entry. So I will start with the little stuff and see if the big stuff will take care of itself. Unlikely.

Yesterday was a big day in the life of one lovable 13 year old, who incidentally has been a teenager for about 3 or 4 years now. Anyway Miss Lacy Rose got her braces off yesterday. Seventeen months of wire and every colored bracket imaginable - the pearly whites have sprung free.





And already chewing gum!! Lacy also received her retainer, both top and bottom. Now she has to wear them day and night for six months. Dr. Vibeto said the easy part is straightening them, the hard part is keeping them that way. Her retainers are clear so I can hardly tell if they are in. The new mantra from the wicked step is now: "Do you have your retainers in?"

Now I will post this blog and wait to see if the big stuff takes care of itself. Ya, right!

1 comment:

Karlyn Frantsen said...

Beautiful teeth!!!
Looking for your Seattle posts!!!