Sunday, February 15, 2009

Trips are Hard Work


Trips are hard work. I am spinning trying to get this cruise in order for just the two of us. Order being clothes, packing, suitcases has even become an issue. The children are whining because: one wants to go with, one wants to stay at a friends and the third one hasn't tune up her orchestra yet, but I am pretty sure we will hear something before we're out the door.

I have a friend coming to stay and "ride herd," that includes the pet menagerie. I wonder if she remember we have fish, along with the Bud'ster and Ella Bella Kidee. She used to live here so she is also familiar with heating system, etc. I have to condition her to the clutter. She hates clutter and we have a boat load of it these days. In a way, she will be on her own cruise - what with the boatload!!

There is also things to get accomplished at work before I go. We are due for our state survey, any day. They usually walk in on a Monday or Tuesday and proceed to "examine" the place and quality of care. It is horrendously nerve wracking, awaiting the visit and of course, after their arrival. Some years we do great, other years they find issues to be fixed. Last year we received one citation: we didn't have a something valve on a floor drain in the mechanical room. We have survived without it for 29 years - those were some harrowing times, we just didn't know it. They can visit while I am gone or at least wait until I get back. Please don't throw it on us this week.

This whine qualifies as bitching if I were hung with a new rope. I should be lucky I get to have a super vacation while my oldest son gets married. It is all how you look at it.

4 comments:

Nicole Reid said...

Don't forget to buy guidebooks for where your boat stops! You have to check out some of the beaches. The sand is like powdered sugar and the water is crystal clear! And did I mention that beer tastes better?

Mary Liz said...

Interesting you should bring that up. Just yesterday I said to your Dad, "Geez, I don't have a map of the Carribean." You know me and maps!

Karlyn Frantsen said...

Do you think you'll be updating your blog on a daily basis on your cruise? That would be wonderful!! Karlyn

Susan said...

Are you going to let us know your itinerary ahead of time so we know the stops you are making? Exactly where does this ship go ashore? Have a wonderful time and enjoy being pampered. I hope you are able to blog while you are gone, too. HAVE FUN AND HAPPY WEDDING!