Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We Have a Baby

Miss Mercedes Anna arrived today at 12:57 pm. weighting in at 5# 7oz. and 17 1/2 inches long. After many hours (try about 40) it was decided she would come by Cesarean section. Dani's blood pressure and protein were not going down so it was time to do something.

Interesting enough last night there wasn't enough room in the neonatal unit for a preemie so he wouldn't induce labor. I guess there were Fargo babies there due to the flood.

Today there was no more waiting. Voila - she is here, exactly one month early. AND she didn't need the unit. Grandpa and I just had to go and meet her. Dani is still having BP issues and swelling but it is going down. According to her aunt Terry she looks much better from even noontime. Let me share some family photos of newest grand baby at the wee age of five hours old.













Dani was in the post delivery phase so I will get some photos of her tomorrow. What an exciting April Fool's Day. My favorite!!

2 comments:

Karlyn Frantsen said...

What a beautiful baby!!!!!!!!!! I just love the Grandma, Daddy, Baby photo!!! Wonderful! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
I'm thankful that Mercedes arrived safely and hope mom will soon be o.k. too! Karlyn

Nicole Reid said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations to all!