Sunday, June 21, 2009

S.U.R.V.I.V.E.D.





Eighteen holes of golf is really hard on this old gal but I made it and this time I didn't even collapse once I went home. A little musings on the second annual Jon Florence memorial golf tournament. The money raised goes to outstanding advanced biology students.

S - Sun there was plenty of it, and of course with sun comes sunburn. There were a few or more toasted up golfers, moi included. Tee time was 10:00 am and the ending feast was served at 5:00. That is one hour short of most crock pot recipes.

U - Unbelievable that I managed to use, and not lose, the same orange noodle golf ball the entire 18 holes. One word, amazing!

R - Really had a good time with eight girls and one along for the ride. Adult beverages flowed freely and so did the hilarity.

V - Very good drives, chips, and putts by all

I - I hate to inform you we didn't win any trophies. Another unmentionable tournament in my sorry golf career.

V- Very crappy drives, chips, and putts by all.

E - Everyone should take a stab at golf. You only need to rely on yourself for your game. If you want to play horrid, you can or you can really work on a stellar play (which then you never seem to redo until about 36 holes later).

D - Dr. Jon Florence, DDS, would have loved to see all his friends have such a great time in his honor. He died suddenly in January of 2008 of a heart attack at the age of 41. He left a wonderful wife, and three young children. We all miss him and wish we didn't have to gather in his memory. It seems so unfair, but then nobody said life was fair.

So on that note: enjoy life, enjoy the day and enjoy each other!!!

2 comments:

Nicole Reid said...

Love the sign you're standing in front of GML!

Susan said...

My perfectly placed bed pillows and I envy your moxie!