Sunday, April 4, 2010

Reality TV

Many times I have commented I am not much of a TV viewer outside of news shows and a dab of Rachel Ray to fortify cooking skills. But lately it has become apparent I am falling into the Reality TV abyss.

Sunday night was my demise and it happened rather quickly, with little or no warning.

Let's take a look at my free fall.

Sunday evening is 60 minutes, at least to see who's being interviewed and make my determination if I will stay and watch. Enter Ron, the remote maniac. We stumbled upon Gene Simmons Family Jewels. It was love at first sight.

Gene Simmons is so stoic, almost prophetic with his comments. His wife, Shannon, is lovable. It is hardly believable when he suits up as the KISS giant. Which by the way, the guy must really be a giant, at least 6 feet plus!

KISS is going to be at the North Dakota State Fair this summer. For a paltry $55.00 I would get to see him in the flesh. The trouble is I would think he should be my pal, and he wouldn't know me from a wet shingle. It's like when I see the weather man at the grocery store - doesn't he know I see him everyday?? And the rat doesn't even wave.

Can I handle that lack of interest from my buddy Gene??

And there is the issue of the music. I never was a headbanger when it came to music so I probably would be paying fifty-five skins for a headache. Nix the idea.







And now we have Kirstie Alley's BIG LIFE on the heels of Gene Simmons. Wow, yes indeed Kirstie is a big girl once again. But just as hilarious as she was on Cheers. She still is mouthy, funny, sassy, and ditsy. She has a cage of lemurs in her yard. I wonder if they are as loud as the ones at our zoo?







It was 10:15 before I crawled out of the recliner, a boob-tube record for me. Quite the little free fall.

2 comments:

Nicole Reid said...

Way to go GML!!!!

Susan said...

Tip of the iceberg. Keep watching: "The Amazing Race," "Celebrity Apprentice," "The Bachelor," "Dancing With the Stars," "The Biggest Loser," "The Marriage Ref" (pretty funny, actually)... and never say never - because you just never know what you will come across sitting in that recliner.